After two years of searching and researching for a gas fireplace insert into my existing wood-burning fireplace, Energy Products and Design offered good old-fashioned service, professionalism, and honesty. They were comitted to making me satisfied in every aspect of the purchase of my Jotul. I love my Jotul and I am not even Norwegian!
I really do feel that all my wants and worries were satisfied especially the offer to come back out one day to help me clean the glass the first time it needs it. This was huge for me.
My son Dave really wants a fireplace now; however, he does not have an existing fireplace. He loved the Jotul also. Maybe next year I will surprise him with a Kozy or whatever you recommend for his situation. Thanks again for terrific service and I have talked you up to many people.
Do NOT touch the glass or any metal part of your fireplace. These are heat producing appliances and you can be burned by them.
The Maximum allowable surface temperature is 117° F OVER ambient (room) temperature. Thus, if a room is 70° – 80° the exposed combustible surfaces immediately surrounding the Fireplace can have a surface temperature as high as 187° F. – 197° F. (Too hot to touch) and still be safe.
Yes, Call for a service technician to come out and take a look
NO – Then you need to break-in your fireplaceDuring the initial burn and curing cycle of any fireplace, it is normal for the appliance and any accessory item installed on the Product to emit some amounts of smoke and odors.
The sources of the emitted smoke and odor are normal emission of paint curing chemical reaction at high temperatures, evaporation of manufacturing related oils or lubrication, small amounts of dextrin emitted from heated gaskets and insulation materials and small amounts (less than 0.5 grams) of polyester burning emissions from glass gasket adhesive film.
Smoke emission is to be expected for the first 2-1/2 hours of initial burn on high fire with fans turned off. Remove or disconnect any smoke alarms which may alarm during this period of initial burn. Prior to initial firing, it is required that the glass gasket to firebox face seal be thoroughly inspected to make certain glass gasket is seated properly and sealing properly. (This is done by our technicians during the finish on the fireplace )
It is recommended that during the first 2-1/2 hours of initial burn, that all windows in the room be opened to evacuate emitted smoke and odors. If anyone in the home has allergies or any is sensitive to smells or smoke that they not be in the home during the initial burn of the fireplace.
Following the initial burn, some slight odors may be present but will diminish with further use and will completely dissipate.
Any odors that are emitted from the appliance are of non-toxic origin.