I want to take just a minute to tell you how impressed I was with the service I received in my home yesterday. Jody came out to clean and service our two fireplaces, (this was the first time I had ever had this done so I wasn’t sure what to expect). I was surprised by the care and thoroughness she gave to this task! She made sure that she protected our floors by putting down a drop cloth and she wore shoe protectors. To me as a customer having just purchased my “dream home” this meant so much! My fireplaces look just like new!
I loved the fact that Jody didn’t act like she was in a hurry. She took her time making sure everything was just right. I feel that employees like Jody are hard to find these days. She has the integrity that so many lack. I will not think twice about calling you for service in the future! I just couldn’t let this go without telling you what a superb employee you have in Jody! –
Do NOT touch the glass or any metal part of your fireplace. These are heat producing appliances and you can be burned by them.
The Maximum allowable surface temperature is 117° F OVER ambient (room) temperature. Thus, if a room is 70° – 80° the exposed combustible surfaces immediately surrounding the Fireplace can have a surface temperature as high as 187° F. – 197° F. (Too hot to touch) and still be safe.
Yes, Call for a service technician to come out and take a look
NO – Then you need to break-in your fireplaceDuring the initial burn and curing cycle of any fireplace, it is normal for the appliance and any accessory item installed on the Product to emit some amounts of smoke and odors.
The sources of the emitted smoke and odor are normal emission of paint curing chemical reaction at high temperatures, evaporation of manufacturing related oils or lubrication, small amounts of dextrin emitted from heated gaskets and insulation materials and small amounts (less than 0.5 grams) of polyester burning emissions from glass gasket adhesive film.
Smoke emission is to be expected for the first 2-1/2 hours of initial burn on high fire with fans turned off. Remove or disconnect any smoke alarms which may alarm during this period of initial burn. Prior to initial firing, it is required that the glass gasket to firebox face seal be thoroughly inspected to make certain glass gasket is seated properly and sealing properly. (This is done by our technicians during the finish on the fireplace )
It is recommended that during the first 2-1/2 hours of initial burn, that all windows in the room be opened to evacuate emitted smoke and odors. If anyone in the home has allergies or any is sensitive to smells or smoke that they not be in the home during the initial burn of the fireplace.
Following the initial burn, some slight odors may be present but will diminish with further use and will completely dissipate.
Any odors that are emitted from the appliance are of non-toxic origin.