Need something to spark your next project?

Fireplace & Outdoor Support

Fireplace Annual Maintenance Appointments available now thru September 30, 2016


By interactive 01 Jun, 2016

Do NOT touch the glass or any metal part of your fireplace. These are heat producing appliances and you can be burned by them.

By interactive 01 Jun, 2016

The Maximum allowable surface temperature is 117° F OVER ambient (room) temperature. Thus, if a room is 70° – 80° the exposed combustible surfaces immediately surrounding the Fireplace can have a surface temperature as high as 187° F. – 197° F. (Too hot to touch) and still be safe.

By interactive 01 Jun, 2016

Yes, Call for a service technician to come out and take a look

NO – Then you need to break-in your fireplace

 During the initial burn and curing cycle of any fireplace, it is normal for the appliance and any accessory item installed on the Product to emit some amounts of smoke and odors.

The sources of the emitted smoke and odor are normal emission of paint curing chemical reaction at high temperatures, evaporation of manufacturing related oils or lubrication, small amounts of dextrin emitted from heated gaskets and insulation materials and small amounts (less than 0.5 grams) of polyester burning emissions from glass gasket adhesive film.

Smoke emission is to be expected for the first 2-1/2 hours of initial burn on high fire with fans turned off. Remove or disconnect any smoke alarms which may alarm during this period of initial burn. Prior to initial firing, it is required that the glass gasket to firebox face seal be thoroughly inspected to make certain glass gasket is seated properly and sealing properly. (This is done by our technicians during the finish on the fireplace )

It is recommended that during the first 2-1/2 hours of initial burn, that all windows in the room be opened to evacuate emitted smoke and odors. If anyone in the home has allergies or any is sensitive to smells or smoke that they not be in the home during the initial burn of the fireplace.

Following the initial burn, some slight odors may be present but will diminish with further use and will completely dissipate.

Any odors that are emitted from the appliance are of non-toxic origin.

By interactive 01 Jun, 2016
If you are not the original owner we recommend doing the “break-in” on your fireplace. Sometimes it can take multiple days or burns for the smell to completely go away. We recommend running the fireplace for 6 – 8 hours on high for 3 consecutive days. If you still have the smell, call to have a service technician come out and take a look.
More Posts

Gas Stove/Fireplace FAQ

By interactive 01 Jun, 2016
We do preventative maintenance appointments for fireplaces and stoves from April 1 through September 30.
Repairs are done all year
**Payment for all service appointments are due to the technician at the end of the appointment
By interactive 01 Jun, 2016
No you do not. If you will not be home at the time of the appointment a credit card number will be put on file for final payment at the end of the service appointment.
By interactive 01 Jun, 2016
We carry most common fireplace parts in our service vans. However, being that there are many manufacturers out there and thousands of fireplace models, occasionally we will have to order a part. Once the part arrives you are put on the calendar for the first available appointment time slot that works for you and your schedule.

NOTE: In the winter months it can sometimes take the manufacturers a couple weeks to get parts to us.
By interactive 01 Jun, 2016
we have a 90 day labor warranty if we are called back to the job for the same problem. If your fireplace develops a different problem a few months after we have been there and our service technician finds another part or problem has developed a service rate fee would apply.
More Posts


By interactive 06 Jul, 2016
Share by: